Monday, May 9, 2011

The 9th month bump

There has been an on-going discussion about cutting the deployment time down to 9-10 months for the Army.  If you are currently involved in the Army, you know that it is currently 11-12 months per deployment.  One of the reasons they are considering this change is that the soldiers tend to show the most fatigue after that 10th month.  Another reason for change is that there has been a noticed change in tension between families starting at the end of the 8th month and most drastically in the 9th month.  Although Matthew hasn't been deployed yet, he has officially been gone for over 8 months.
Us at a Karaoke Bar during my last trip to Georgia.  We were drunk, and having a blast.  It's thinking about times like these when I miss him even more.

I know that I should just suck it up and deal with it, because I DO get to see him about every two months on average and I will be moving out to Georgia in a little over a month. (it'll almost be to our 10th month by the time I get out there).  And I know other Army wives that might be looking at my blog that HAVE gone through a deployment are probably shaking their head in disgust at my complaining because I should consider myself lucky.  Even with all these things, I'm really starting to feel the hardships of hitting this 8/9th month bump.

I'm not saying that there is tension in our relationship.  Nope, not at all.  We have a wonderful relationship and we haven't had a fight in months.  I can honestly say that I am really happy about where we are concerning our relationship.

But what I AM saying, is that the past week or so has been the hardest yet for me and it feels like it's just getting harder.  I absolutely hate all this waiting and I feel like I'm drowning in all the madness of... well... everything.  I miss my husband.  Let me say that again, I miss my husband.  I would like to be able actually live in the same house as him again, or be able to sleep next to him at night and not have to stress because I'll only have one more night with him before going home.

Literally just stumbled across this on another Army wife's blog.  I thought that it was fitting to today's topic and thought that I should share. =)

I honestly don't know what I'm going to do during a deployment.  The past 8 months have been a struggle and although our relationship has passed this test with flying colors, I feel like I'm losing my sanity.

I'm just ready to get back to being "us" again, but it feels like that day just wont come. =(

No comments:

Post a Comment