Dinner was yummy today! I had some time this afternoon so I actually got a chance to cook! I made Chicken Cordon Bleu with Spanish Rice, Corn, a garden salad, and Garlic Bread. Anyway, I had a couple of recipes for Chicken Cordon Bleu, but there was a little something from each that I wasn't particularly fond of, so I pretty much compiled three recipes for one. The problem with food blogging is that I always forget to take pictures of it, I remembered as I was eating so here is a really crappy picture from my phone. Hopefully one of these days I'll remember to take one BEFORE I sit down to start eating.
Printable Version Click Here
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
4-8 thin slices of deli ham
2-4 slices of Swiss cheese, halved
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup of Italian or Regular breadcrumbs
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) reduced-fat condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
1) Flatten chicken to 1/4 in thickness. Place ham and cheese down the center of each (depending on how cheesy and hammy you're feeling, you can place double meat or double cheese in the center); roll up and secure with a toothpick.
2) Place butter and coating mix in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in butter, then roll in coating mix.
3) Place in 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
4) When there is about 5 minutes left for the chicken, in a small saucepan, whisk the soup, sour cream, and lemon juice until blended; heat through.
5) Discard toothpicks from chicken; serve with sauce (on the side or on top of the chicken).