Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo

I got to cook again tonight!  I love cooking, it's just really hard to find time when having to compete with an eight page research paper and 250 pages of reading for school.  Lol.  Tonight I managed to make a really yummy chicken fettuccine alfredo dish, I have tried out numerous recipes for this since I started making it when I was 16, and this approach is pretty different than anything I've tried.  Normally I use heavy cream but in order not have to run to the store, I made it with cream cheese.  It actually turned out really good, everyone loved it!

Printable Version Click Here!

Ingredients:
SAUCE:
8 oz. Cream Cheese
3/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
1/2 cup butter/Margarine
3/4 cup Milk

8 oz. Fettuccine; cooked and drained

CHICKEN:
2-3 chicken breasts
salt, pepper, and minced dehydrated garlic to taste
vegetable oil (didn't really measure as I was using it, but I'd guess at a little less than 1/4 cup)

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
2) Lather each chicken breast with vegetable oil and place in a 9x13 baking dish.  Sprinkle salt, pepper, and minced garlic on top of the chicken, flip over the breasts and repeat.
3) Cook 20-25 minutes or until juices run clear.
4)While chicken is cooking, boil water and cook noodles to your preference.
5)For the sauce, combine cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, butter, and milk in a medium saucepan.  Stir constantly while cheese and butter melts, until smooth.
6) Mix noodles and sauce and top with sliced, cooked chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment