Sunday, May 1, 2011

My husband...

I am currently in Georgia right now, visiting with my husband.  Well... not tonight anyway.  Since it's a work night I had to drop him off earlier today and have been on my own since 3 pm.  Because I have some time and I am trying my best to procrastinate with my homework, I thought I would do a little post about why my husband is so amazing. =))


This man, is everything and more than I could ever ask for in a husband.  Ever since the very beginning, he has been so incredibly wonderful to me and every day I tell myself that I am the luckiest woman alive.  He treats me like a queen and spoils me rotten.  Now when I say that, I don't mean that he buys me everything under the sun and placates me with gifts... that's not the case at all.  He does buy me anything that I ask for or need but it's more than that, he's a true gentleman.  He makes sure that I am taken care of on every single level and does not blink an eye while doing it.  He'll help me with anything and everything and wouldn't complain a single second of it.  Anyone can tell how much he loves and cares for me by the way he acts towards me.


My husband is so incredibly supportive of me in everything I do.  As I have posted before, I've had to stay back in California while he's in AIT so I can finish up my schooling.  The problem we faced though was the fact that for the past three months I could have moved out here, but haven't because I want to finish my degree first.  Although sometimes he gets sad because his married buddies get to go home every day and weekend, he supports me every step of the day and encourages me to do well in my classes.  When I told him that I wanted to become a runner and started working really hard towards accomplishing that goal, he made sure that he took that extra minute to tell me how proud he is of me.  Even when I told him about me starting a blog, he was just as excited as I was and couldn't wait until he could read it.  When he finally did, he was thrilled... What more could I ask for??? He has never put my decisions down and does his very best to make sure that I feel loved, cared for, and supported.  Because he is so supportive of me, it allows me to be very encouraging of him.  He makes me so incredibly proud and if you ask any of my closest friends, they would tell you that I am constantly bragging about him.

My husband is also one of the most thoughtful people I know.  When we hit times when neither of us had a lot of money, he would still give me a thoughtful, handmade gift to show that he cares.  In fact, my all-time favorite gift from him was a birthday gift that was a book and for each chapter of the book he wrote a letter corresponding with the title of the chapter.  (For example, if the title was "First Look", he wrote about what he thought when he first saw me)  I still look back at those letters and am filled with such joy and pride, some letters made me laugh, others made me cry, that's what made the gift so amazing.  Besides from gifts though, he is thoughtful in the way I feel.  He takes my concerns and emotions seriously and when I'm feeling down he does his best to lift my spirits.  When I need to talk, he listens.  When I'm ashamed of something or tell him something that not many people know, he does not judge me.

Matthew is the most genuine person I know, he has a kind heart and soul and makes me the happiest woman in the world.  He has all the qualities that I look for in a man and more.  He completes me and makes me feel whole in every way imaginable.  When I'm with him, it seems that there is not a care in the world and I can't help but smile.  I can't wait to spend the rest of my life making him as happy as he has made me. =)

1 comment:

  1. You're making me blush =] I love you so very much babe. I just do what I feel a man is supposed to do in a relationship: care for his woman, and make sure that she is happy and knows that she is loved. I just do what I gotta do.

    ReplyDelete