Printable Version Click Here
10 oz of frozen veggies (I use a corn, green bean, pea, and carrot combo but use whatever you prefer)
2 Tbsp butter or margarine
1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
2/3 cup milk
2 1/2-3 cups cut-up cooked chicken (or turkey!)
1-2 store bought or homemade pie crusts*
1. Rinse the frozen veggies in cold water to separate; drain
2. In a 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
3. Stir in milk, onion, salt, and pepper; stir in flour.
4. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is bubble; remove from heat. Stir in broth. Will be thin.
5. Heat to a boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir for 1 minute. Stir in chicken and veggies; remove from heat.
6. Heat oven to 425 degrees.
7. Line pie pan or 9 x 9 baking dish with pie crust. Pour chicken mixture into pastry-lined pan.
|I was feeling particularly festive that day.|
9. Bake about 35 minutes or until golden brown.
*For one pie crust pastry rather than two, do not line pan with pastry. Only place crust on top.
**Spray baking dish with cooking spray and pour chicken mixture in directly. Bake 25-35 minutes or until golden brown.