Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Getting back into my rhythm... again

I feel like I'm constantly battling to stay active.

A couple of months ago I picked up running, I had never considered myself a runner but I developed a joy for it.  After the start of my training though I encountered obstacles that kept me running for considerable amounts of time (knee problems and the dreaded colds).  Well I completed my goal of finishing a 5K, and doing well at it nonetheless.  But with getting caught up with the move, adjustments, and... oh lord... the weather, let's just say that running and working out have been on the back burner.



I attempted a run after being here for about a week, and it didn't turn out too pretty.  It is amazing how much more difficult it is to run in humidity than it is to run in dry heat.  Mandi and I only went about 3/4 of a mile and we were dying.  So I quickly gave up on running outside.

One of the wonderful things about being a military spouse is you gain free admittance to gyms on post.  I wanted to wait until my husband was free to go with me on my first visit because I wasn't sure how the check in, etc., process would be.  We went on Friday and I worked my booty off and it was great!  I could tell that my stamina lacked a bit from not running in about a month, but it felt so good to be utterly and completely sore the next day.

Today I re-entered the gym all by my lonesome and I must say that I am so excited to get back in tip-top shape.  I felt so lazy the last couple of weeks from not doing anything physical.  Now if only I could bring my mutt in and put her on a treadmill next to me so she could get a good work-out too. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment