Earlier this week I decided to make some chicken teriyaki fajitas. I found a recipe for a marinade and added to it just a little bit to be a little more catered to my tastes. This marinade can be used for poultry, pork, or beef, it's very flexible and has just the right amount of zing!
1/4 cup water
1 Tbsp backed brown sugar
3 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/8 tsp coarsely ground pepper
1 clover garlic, finely chopped
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR FAJITAS
1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/4 onion chopped
1/2-1 lb thinly sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts
1. Combine all marinade ingredients in a shallow dish or resealable plastic bag. Mix until blended.
2. Add chicken and turn to coat with marinade.
3. Place in refrigerator for a minimum of one hour but a maximum of 24 hours.
4. About an hour prior to cooking fajitas add bell pepper and onion to mix.
5. Cook in a skillet on medium heat until chicken is almost fully cooked, reduce heat and cover to cook the bell pepper and onion.