Thursday, September 1, 2011

Birthday Celebration

My birthday was this past Monday and I've been wanting to do a post on it, but things have been a little hectic to say the least.  It all began last Friday...

My husband got a text message and said that he had to go pick up a friend who couldn't find a ride to the airport.  I didn't see anything unusual about this considering we are often called for transportation services for guys without a POV.  It was pretty late (around 9ish) so I told him to drive safe and hurry home.  About 45 minutes later I was getting a little concerned and was about to pick up my phone to call when Mandi started prancing around like she heard him pull up.  Figuring he was just home, I just assumed everything was as it should be... until Mandi sauntered to the window and started a deep growl and bark to whoever/whatever was outside.  Not 30 seconds later there was a knock at the door...


At this point I was pretty cautious about opening my door at nearly 10 pm while my husband wasn't home.  I barely cracked the door open and heard a familiar voice shout "SURPRISE!!!".  I nearly peed my pants.  My best friend from California surprised me with a trip to see me for my birthday.  I was so happy that I started crying tears of joy.  You don't realize how much you miss everyone from home until something like this happens.

So anyway, everyone plotted against me and I had no idea that she was coming.  The house wasn't clean and I was completely unprepared for guests which made the visit even more chaotic, but it was so much fun too.  It was so nice seeing a familiar face from home and catching up on everything that has been going on in our lives.  Not to mention I got a lot of shopping done while she was here!  It was a nice excuse to spend a little money. =P

Like I said, Monday was my birthday and since having your 21st birthday on a Monday really stinks if the only person you can go out with is your husband that has to get up at 4 am, my birthday became exciting again.  Don't get me wrong, I was already excited but after 21 years, I was going to have to wait another week to actually celebrate officially with my husband.  So having a friend here in town worked out perfectly!

Here are some pictures from my 21st birthday!




 Nicole left Wednesday morning bright and early.  Okay, not so bright... it was 5 am.  But since then I've been in recovery mode catching up on TONS of laundry, cleaning, and German lessons since I didn't do ANYTHING while she was here.

It was a great weekend and here's a cheers to another great weekend coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment