Thursday, October 13, 2011

Our Vows

As I'm finishing up the last bit of things that need to be done before the movers come (i.e. Organizing papers and cleaning) I stumble across a piece of paper that has our vows written on it.






For our wedding we didn't each write our own vows, I messed up enough without trying to remember what I was going to say or being nervous about people hearing my innermost thoughts.  Rather, we chose a poem for the minister to recite that we both felt summed up "us".

Later we found out that the author of the poem is actually the author of Whiney the Pooh

So I thought I would share before I threw out the paper so that I don't have to feel bad about getting rid of it. =P  Not only that, but I love the poem...







A soulmate is someone who has locks that fit our keys, 
and keys to fit our locks.
When we feel safe enough to open the locks, 
our truest selves step out and we can 
be completely and honestly who we are;
We can be loved for who we are and not for
who we're pretending to be.
Each unveils the best part of the other.

No matter what else goes wrong around us,
with that one person we're safe in our own paradise.
Our soulmate is someone who shares our deepest longings, our sense of direction.

When we're two balloons, and together our direction is up,
chances are we've found the right person.

Our soulmate is the one who makes life come to life.


Love love love love LOVE this poem.  I've used the last line of it so many times. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment