Saturday, October 22, 2011

Phone Calls from Home

I'm not a phone person.  I completely dislike gluing a phone to my ear and talking to people.  Awkward silences and drawn out conversations about nothing are the enemy.

That being said, I don't talk to people back home very often.  I send birthday cards as well as occasional text messages but I've only talked to people back home about 3 or 4 times since I've gotten to Georgia.  Now, I'm not saying that I wont talk to you if you call, but I'm not one to initiate a phone conversation.

Today after sleeping well into the afternoon because I'm trying to pass this terrible cold, I got a phone call from my niece Alexis.  I haven't seen or talked to my niece since the wedding so it was a good surprise.  I spent about 30 minutes on the phone between her and mom just chatting and it made me realize how much I miss everyone back home.

I think one of the reasons that I choose not to call people back home is because it's easier to put them out of your mind and forget about them than to miss them.  Anyway, my conversation got me thinking about how soon we'll be back in California to see everyone!  In less than 2 weeks we'll be back for a visit and I am beyond thrilled to see my family and friends (the very few that I have left).

I'm a little anxious to see how my nephew will react to me since he is still so young and I have been gone for so long, but I am hoping and praying that he comes to me with open arms.

So here's to hoping that the next week and a half passes quickly and I'm back with friends and family again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment