Well I'm trying to kick off the use of my new camera with a bang. Although I am currently working in auto mode because I JUST got my camera I'm also starting new "tutorials" and such to help me learn how to get full use out of my camera. I am now starting the very popular, 31 Days to a Better Photo series and I will hopefully get a chance to post everyday the new things I have tried with the camera and improvements I have been making.
Read your manual and find:
- How to change the mode of your camera – auto / program, aperture priority, shutter priority.
- What do the icons on your camera mean? The flower, the running man, a face, mountains, stars, etc. What does each symbol represent?
- Which wheel controls shutter speed, which wheel controls aperture?
- How to find the white balance menu, and change it.
- How to change ISO. These numbers will usually start at 100 or 200 and go as high as the camera allows.