Saturday, March 3, 2012

Learning to Balance

The past few weeks have been crazy busy.  Between Fasching, our couples retreat, my husband leaving for the field, and me starting my job, things have gotten a little out of control.

The hardest part of everything going on is maintaining the balancing act that, before the chaos, was perfected.

Before all of this I went to the gym 3 times a week, never failed.  Monday, Wednesday, Friday I was there with bells on.  Now, I've only gone a total of 2 times in the past two weeks.

Before all of this, I had a chance to sit down and write several blog posts in an afternoon.  I haven't written a post in over a week.  It doesn't look like it on my page because I had a couple done ahead of time that I was able to put up.  

Before all of this, I swept and picked up the house everyday and the house was at least somewhat clean all the time.  Today is my first chance to clean the house in a week, so you could imagine how my kitchen looks.

Before all of this, I was cooking dinner every night and always had enough energy to get up to make something.  Now, if I'm not feeling up to cooking for just one (since my husband is gone), then I'm usually to tired to get the stove going.

Before all of this, I would take Mandi for at least one short walk everyday, sometimes even 2-3 in a day.  Now she spends all day by herself and has so much pent up energy I feel bad when I'm so exhausted that I have no energy to take her.

Since I only just started working last week, I'm hoping that I will very quickly begin to adjust and create a new balance.  A balance that gives me enough time to work out, spend time with my dog, cook well-balanced meals, and keep a clean home.

Here's to hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment