If you're a lover of the website Pinterest then you may have stumbled across this recipe. Pinterest is great for food gawkers and I found a ton of delicious looking recipes but have only found a handful that taste as good as they look. This recipe is one of those that I thoroughly enjoy. It actually reminds me a lot of my Chicken and Bow Tie Pasta recipe but with a different sauce base. Here is a link to the original recipe which I took the liberty of changing a tad to suit our tastes.
Printer Friendly Page
16 oz. Penne Pasta
2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut in 1″ cubes
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
½ c. Onion, diced
2 cloves Garlic, minced
½-1 Yellow and Red Bell Pepper, long thin slices
1 c. Broccoli florets
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. flour
2 c. half & half
1/4 tsp. of red pepper flakes
1 c. Parmesan cheese
1) Cook your pasta and let it drain.
2) Sprinkle the
chicken breast with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a large skillet over
medium heat and cook chicken until done and golden on all sides. Remove
and let rest in a large bowl.
3) Add the remaining olive oil and begin
sauteing the onions for 2 min. Add in the garlic and bell pepper and broccoli and
saute until tender crisp. Place chicken and veggies in a large bowl.
4) In the same pan you cooked the chicken and veggies in, melt the butter
over medium heat. Toss in the flour and stir, cook for 1-2 minutes.
5) Slowly add in the half and half while stirring to prevent any clumps
from forming. Sprinkle in the red pepper flakes and allow to simmer
until you see boiling action. Stir periodically.
6) When your sauce begins to thicken and bubble, turn off the heat and add in your cheese. Stir until melted.
7) Pour cooked pasta into the skillet with the sauce and toss. After pasta is coated add meat and veggies and toss as well. Transfer back to the large bowl to serve.