I made some very slight alterations from the original recipe including the addition of fresh mushrooms pepper into the sauce. If you wish to see the original recipe, use this link.
Be sure to adjust your cooking time based on the size of your chops.
Printer Friendly Page
3 Pork Chops
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp seasoning salt
1 egg, beaten
3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 cup Italian-style seasoned bread crumbs
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 (10.75 oz) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup thinly sliced mushrooms (optional)
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup milk
2-3 Tbsp white wine
|Pan fried, extra crispy|
1)Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2) Season pork chops with garlic powder and seasoning salt to taste. Place the beaten eggs in a small bowl. Dredge the pork chops lightly in flour, dip in the egg, and coat liberally with bread crumbs.
3) Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat (It is essential that the oil is nice and hot for frying to get the chops really crisp). Fry the pork chops for 3-5 minutes per side, or until the breading appears well browned. Transfer the chops to a baking dish and cover in foil.
4) Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
5) While baking, saute mushrooms in the same pan that the chops were cooked in for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Whisk together the cream of mushroom soup, pepper, mushrooms, milk and white wine in a medium bowl.
5) After the pork chops have baked for 15 minutes, cover them with the soup mixture. Replace foil, and bake for another 15 minutes.
NOTE: Cooking times will vary depending on the thickness of your chops. This recipe is catered towards pork chops approximately 1/2 inch thickness.