Sunday, April 15, 2012

Military Monday- Pre-Deployment Checklist


Like so many other families, we are facing a deployment.  We were told for months that my husband wouldn't be deploying and now that the date is very close they suddenly decided to change their minds.  So now we're in a mad dash to get things done before he leaves.

I was combing over the manuals and handouts that they gave us for a pre-deployment checklist and right when I was about to give up, I found one.  It isn't perfect by any means, but it is a starter and you can cater it to your own needs.  We actually sat down with this checklist and just highlighted the items that hadn't been done already and wrote in anything else we could think of.

If you would like a copy of the checklist please click here.

Now, this checklist basically makes the assumption that every single thing related to family life is currently taken care of by the to-be deployed soldier.  Of course that is not the norm for a household as responsibilities are generally divided among both spouses.  So taking that into account, there will probably be quite a bit that you can skip or already know.   So when you see the 3 full pages of to-do's don't get stressed out quite yet.  Upon looking at the list myself, my husband and I were able to narrow our list down to less than half a page.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment