Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Promise Me


You can always tell if you have a good book based on how frequently you feel the need to go back to it.  If you're doing something else and have random urges to return to your book, then chances are, it's the right book for you.  I felt that way about Promise Me by Richard Paul Evans.  The book itself was short and since the pages were small it made reading it go by even faster.


I originally came by the title of the book about a year or so ago when I was thinking of ordering a couple of Nicholas Sparks books online.  I was browsing amazon.com and Amazon's brilliant mind also suggested this book for me.  Now, I have an ongoing "wishlist" for books that I just randomly tack books onto and I had this one sitting on the wishlist for several months.  Then, one day while going crazy in Borders I just happen to glance over and see a huge stack of this title just waiting to be snatched up.  I got the book and  it was 75% off.

Anyway, the book itself starts out talking in practically riddles as a woman discusses that she has a secret that no one else knows about.  The book then flashes back nearly 20 years and really begins the story.  The main character's life is a mess when a mysterious and handsome man just wanders into her life.  Everything seems perfect and too good to be true until Matthew tells a secret of his own.

The book has a very interesting story line that is unique in it's own.  Don't be deterred just because it isn't a widely known book.  It's worth the time that you put into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment