This is my spin on a delicious chicken sandwich. My husband and I wanted more before we even finished our sandwiches! It will definitely become a regular meal in your household if you try it.
The recipe gives the option of working on the grill or with your broiler. I personally used my broiler and it worked out wonderfully and you should have no problems.
I know the recipe has quite a few steps, but the steps are simple and it should be fairly easy to coordinate them all (hopefully).
Printer Friendly Version
1/4 cup mayonnaise
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/8 cup olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup sliced red bell peppers
1 small zucchini, sliced
1 red onion, sliced
4 sets of buns, rolls, or specialty bread (I use fresh onion rolls from the bakery)
4 slices of pepperjack cheese
2 marinated chicken breasts (The marinade I use)
1) Preheat the grill or broiler.
2) In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise, minced garlic, and lemon juice. Set aside in the refrigerator.
3) Grill or broil chicken until done and juices run clear. Remove and let rest.
4) Brush vegetables with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. If grilling, brush grate with oil. Place bell peppers and zucchini clossest to the middle of the grill, and set onion around them. cook for about 3 minutes, turn, and cook for another 3 minutes or until veggies are tender. Remove from grill, and set aside. If broiling, place in a small baking sheet and place in broiler, turning once.
5) Slice cooked chicken.
6) Spread some of the mayonnaise mixture on the cut sides of the bread, and top with cheese. Place on the grill cheese side up for 2-3 minutes or until bread is lightly toasted and cheese is melted. Watch carefully so it does not burn.
7) Remove from the grill, and layer with cooked vegetables, sliced chicken, and toppings.