Monday, May 28, 2012

Pumpkin Pupcakes

Yes, I know it's Monday and it's supposed to be  "Military Monday" post but I didn't have one ready for today, so sue me...

As you may know, or as you will soon find out by the sudden onslaught of dog party posts, I recently threw my dog a birthday PAW-ty.

One of the doggie treats that I made for the dogs were "Pupcakes".  Pupcakes are essentially the dog alternative to a delicious cupcake.


I knew ahead of time that a lot of the dogs that would be at the party had fairly sensitive stomachs and opted to include lots of pumpkin in the recipes to help calm any turmoil that eating treats might cause.  Below is the recipe I used, I didn't hear any negative results with tummy aches so I think it was a great success!:



Printer Friendly Version
Ingredients:
1/2 can of 100% pumpkin
2 cups water
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
3 cups whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
2 Tbsp honey
1/2 cup peanut butter
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Spray cupcakes or mini cupcake pan with olive oil.

2. In a large bowl, add all ingredients except peanut butter and mix until well combined. Add peanut butter and continue stirring until well blended.

3. Fill cupcake tin 3/4 full. If using mini muffin tin, bake for 15 minutes. For regular-sized muffins, bake for 25 minutes.

For the frosting I used plain yogurt and peanut butter. No real measurements just added until the right consistency. Probably close to a 1:2 ratio though, (1 cup yogurt, 1/2 cup peanut butter).

Made about 1 dozen of regular sized pupcakes.


1 comment:

  1. These are such an adorable idea. I have 3 dogs that I'm sure would love these. Let me ask you......what size can of pumpkin did you use. I believe there are 2 sizes. I am assuming you used the smaller size which I think is 15 oz.

    ReplyDelete