Monday, July 9, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake

I wasn't very fond of cheesecake when I was young.  I don't know if it was the texture or the taste but I never could get myself to like it.  A few years back, a friend invited me over for a "baking" night which included baking a delicious cheesecake and watching movies.  When I left I snagged the recipe from her and proceeded to make it several times in the future, only to forget about it later on.  Just the other night I was flipping through my cookbook and found this gem.  I wish I could just bake sweets all day and not gain any weight because there would always be a surplus of this in my fridge if I could.



Printer Friendly Version

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup melted better
3 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
3 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tsp all-purpose flour

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2.  Mix grahm cracker crumbs, sugar, butter, and cocoa.  Press onto bottom and up the sides of a 9 in springform pan.  Set crust aside.
3.  Beat cream cheese until smooth.  Gradually add sweetened condensed milk, beat well.  Add vanilla and eggs and beat on medium speed until smooth.
4.  Toss 1/3 of the chocolate chips w/ the 1 tsp of flour to coat.  Pour into cheese mixture.
5.  Pour mixture into prepared crust.  sprinkle top with remaining chocolate chips.
6. Bake for 1 hour.  Turn off oven and leave to cool for 1 hour.  DO NOT OPEN OVEN
7. Remove and let cool completely.  Refrigerate before removing sides of pan.  Keep cake refrigerated until time to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment