Monday, July 2, 2012
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Printer Friendly Version
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1 large egg
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate
1 1/2 cups white chocolate or vanilla chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. In a large bowl, beat sugars, butter, vanilla and egg with electric mixer on medium speed.
3. Melt the baking chocolate in the microwave or on the stove top, stirring constantly. Once melted completely, add to bowl and mix well.
4. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. On an ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by the rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart.
6. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). Cool 1 to 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.