Thursday, July 26, 2012

Foto Friday - Flowers

I used to think people were silly for photographing flowers.  It always seemed too easy to get a good photo of a blooming flower because all the basic fundamentals of picture taking are already there for you:  great color contrast between the flower's petals and the shrubbery behind it, a central and simple subject that is easy to isolate, and as long as you don't have harsh sunlight or shadows, chances are you'll have good lighting as well.  But then when I started taking pictures of flowers it clicked and I finally understood.

It's not about making yourself look good or even getting a good picture, it's about flowers being pretty and who doesn't want to have record of something beautiful??  I do it all the time with the architecture I see, my neighbor's beautiful baby boy, or even my adorable dog.  It doesn't matter what the subject is.

So here are a few of the flowers that I have recently photographed.  These flowers are located anywhere from our local town to Rothenburg, Munich, Ireland, and places in between.









No comments:

Post a Comment