Thursday, July 12, 2012

Foto Friday - Photographing Babies


I have discovered a love of photographing babies.  I can't explain it, I just know that it melts my heart when I get a good picture of them.  I feel like once they get used to the camera, they become natural models and instant hams.

I did a photo shoot for a friend and her daughter that is turning 3 months old.  Although I will do a separate post on their pictures, I'll share a sneak peek to show you what I mean.  I should also mention that my friend, Danielle and her son, Liam, were also at the shoot to help out and I got some adorable ones of him as well.

I will say that the one down side of photographing the younger babies is that there really is a limited number of positions you can put them in on their own, without mom or dad holding them.  Also, they tend to get cranky when you leave them in one position for too long, leading to quick shooting and lots of breaks!  BUT, it is getting me super excited for when I can start photographing a baby of my own! (Not for a few years of course!)

As a side note, it looks like I may have another family photo shoot coming up in a few weeks and I have a few couples asking for their pictures taken as well!  I'm glad I'm getting a good response to my work!






No comments:

Post a Comment