Friday, July 20, 2012

Roasted Mixed Vegetables

Growing up, the only vegetables I knew and ate (besides an occasional salad) were those that came out of a can.  My husband despises all of the vegetables that come that way, namely green beans and corn, so it led me to learn how to cook a vegetable rich side dish.  I learned how to roast veggies about a year ago and it still remains as a go-to side dish with almost any meat entree.  I originally learned how to do this from no other than Betty Crocker in an old cookbook of mine.  This is my own version and one that I use frequently.




This makes enough for 3-4 servings based on your serving size.

Printable Version Here

Ingredients:
1/2 zucchini, chopped
1/2 onion, cut into wedges
2 carrots, chopped
4 red potatoes, quartered
1 red bell pepper, cut into thick 1" long strips
1 Tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp parsley

Directions:

1. Preheat broiler to 425 degrees
2. Cut all vegetables as described and place in a large bowl.  Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper, garlic, and parsley. 
3. Spread vegetables in a thin layer on a cookie sheet.  Cook for 20-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender stirring occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment