Friday, September 7, 2012

On My Own

A while ago I posted about my struggles with my back and how far I have come.

This is just an update on that.

Thursday I completed my final day of physical therapy.  I didn't know it was going to be my last day but my physical therapist said she was confident that I could carry on on my own.

She also went on to say that I was out performing many of the MALES in the core class I was taking with her. 

I went home with a spring in my step and celebrated by working myself extra hard at the gym and completed a 2 mile run.  It was the first time I tried for anything higher than a mile since my back's last major meltdown in March/April.

In the last few months I have become so much stronger and I have seen myself improve in areas that I didn't dream possible.  Granted, I still have a never ending battle of maintaining my strength and pain management but I am in a place now that seemed impossible just a few months ago.

So now it's all up to me to make sure I don't get lazy and slip into old habits that will turn my back into a ticking time bomb.

Wish me luck!

1 comment: