Wednesday, October 3, 2012

30 Day Challenge - Day 3

I almost didn't go for a run today... almost.  I started thinking about all those things that I wanted to still before the night was over like watching Grey's Anatomy, finish The Da Vinci Code, catch up on my blog (which I'm actually getting a chance to do), start dinner, and of course hang out with my girls and drink some wine. 

But I did go.  I convinced myself that it would be silly to bug out on this challenge at day 3.  Once I get into a routine I think it'll be a little easier to be used to the idea of running everyday but now it's still a new development.

I did, however, discover something about myself while running.  I pace myself differently when I'm running outside versus on a treadmill.  I'm not sure if anyone else has encountered this in their endeavors but for me I seem to run a lot of faster when I'm not on the hamster wheel.  My mile time is actually 1:30-2 minutes shorter when running on my own.  It's weird how that works out.  I definitely feel myself getting tired more quickly and I sense my muscles tightening sooner on, but I didn't think the difference was really that drastic until I timed myself today.

1/10th of the way through!  Wish me luck that I can keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment