Monday, October 1, 2012

A Mile a Day Keeps the Doctor Away

I came across an article the other day that intrigued me.  In it, was a list of ways to improve your quality of life.  It suggested that by trying something new and sticking with it for 30 days can not only allow you to experiment with life but also improve your happiness as you discover new likes and dislikes. 

So I'm making a leap.  Starting tomorrow and for the next 30 days I vow to run (or walk if I really need to) at least a mile a day.  I plan on keeping the 1 mile as my base but also improve my running by increasing my distances every few days so I'm not stuck stagnant on the 1 mile marker.

A few other 30 day trials I am looking forward to in the future:

  • Read 2 chapters of a book every day.
  • Take a "quality" photo every day.
  • 30 days without chocolate (I will have a really hard time with this one).
  • Do an especially good deed every day.
  • Make my bed everyday (the only time my bed is made is when I change the sheets).
  • 30 days without online shopping.
Anyone up to do 30 day challenges with me?  It'll be a doozy!

4 comments:

  1. I will! I will! Chloe would love the walking one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds great! I bet Chloe would love that!

      Delete
    2. I would :) I have a hard time sticking with it, but those sound fun! And would be easier to keep up with if I wasn't trying to do them alone!

      Delete
    3. Definitely do it! Even if you didn't start this month, I'm going to try to do something new each month!

      Delete