Saturday, November 10, 2012

What Photography has Become to Me


One of the reasons I've been absent from my blog is my involvement with my photography.  My photography is slowly growing and I've even created a facebook page for it.  I've always secretly dreamed about becoming good at photography.  In high school when people were learning to use DSLR cameras for the yearbook committee I envied them; and when my brother bought a big fancy camera but didn't learn how to properly use it, I was slightly disappointed in the missed opportunity.  And now that I have discovered that I have what it takes to take decent photos, photography has become a priority in my life.  I am so excited to improve upon my skills and produce beautiful images.  It has nearly become an obsession, this photography. 

The people I have to thank for this obsession are my friends and family.  I have received so many encouraging remarks that have caused me to pursue this new found passion.  My friends have lent me their children every time the words, "I want to try something new" or "I need to practice..." crop up.  These people are angels and they are who I thank for the images I am about to share.  The pictures below are my most recent images that I have been spending my time on in the past 2 months.  They are also emblazoned with my photography page's logo rather than my blog's in case you were wondering.

If you are interested in following my photography, you can see more of my work on facebook or my website















2 comments:

  1. This blog made me smile!!! I love all your work, and well frankly all the people in the pictures too!!! So happy you have found a way to pursue your passion, and I bet you will make some good money off it in the future too!!! If you ever open a studio no matter where it is, we will be coming to it at least once a year for pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Photography by Ashley! <3 Keep up all the hard work girl!

    ReplyDelete