Thursday, December 27, 2012

Tough Mudder

A year or so ago, I was really into running and the motivation behind it was to prepare for my first ever 5K.  I signed up for the run so that I couldn't back out and it made me prepare mentally and physically until the big day.  It was such a big deal to me that I broke down in tears afterwards just from shear pride.  It seems silly to be so excited over 3 little miles, but when just a two short months before, you weren't able to run a quarter mile, 3 miles looks a lot more impressive. 

So now, I find myself preparing for a new challenge.  This challenge is 6 months away but will require a lot more intense training to prepare for it. 

I am hoping to complete the Tough Mudder challenge in mid-July.  Tough Mudder is essentially a 10-12 mile obstacle course that is riddled with 20-25 obstacles.  I'm terrified, but pumped all at once.  So now I find myself at the gym 5-6 days a week and trying to get in the best shape of my life. 

To find a Tough Mudder event near you, visit their website.

As a side note, I was pretty excited when I took a picture of my abs the other day and they had the appearance of being toned.  My husband calls it being conceited, I call it being proud.



2 comments:

  1. I wish I could be going to the gym with you. A lot of my friends did the tough mudder I bet you'll have a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I said, I'm there 5-6 days a week, you're welcome to join any time. :-)

      Delete