Sunday, January 20, 2013

Week 3 - Drink Up

I only took a few minutes to put this photo together because I didn't realize until a few minutes prior that it was Sunday and I officially missed the first posting.  It's the first day and I'm already forgetting to do pictures for Project 52... Gives you an idea of how well I'm going to be able to keep up with this... right?   Anyway, it isn't the best photograph ever and I wish I had actually taken my time to prepare and follow through with my ideas for the week, but you get what you get I guess...

I loved the way the wine looked as it was being poured and I decided to place the glass in front of the window to not only blow out the background but also to add lightness to the red that was being poured, that way the beautiful rich red color would show through.  

There are a few things that I would change given the opportunity to re-do this photo.  I would probably place the glass on a white or glass surface and then use a softbox to accomplish the back lighting rather than the window.  The window required me to prop the glass on a book as you see at the bottom and left me with distracting lines in the background.  But that's what happens when you procrastinate...

Tune in next week for "City Lights".


2 comments:

  1. I actually like the book as a prop. I think it adds some depth or culture to the photo, like it's snowing outside, so curl up on the couch with a rich red wine and a book you can get lost in. Love the color for the pour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://standingsilentlystrong.blogspot.de/2013/01/project-52-drink-up.html

    Here is my Drink up!! Though yours is more tempting :)

    ReplyDelete