Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Recipe Binder Progress

After much Pinterest stalking I have decided to create a Recipe Binder.

This is no easy task, let me assure you.

I have spent hours upon hours working on it and it is not close to being finished yet. /sigh.... BUT, I know that when it is done it will be so nice! I'm looking forward to not having to run back to my laptop every time I need to look up one of my go-to recipes or flipping through 5 different cook books trying to find the one that I want to use. I will have all my favorite recipes in one place rather than 10 different places. The hardest part is the fact that I'm typing all the recipes essentially. A lot of binders I saw had recipe cards essentially pasted on paper and that was it. In an attempt to have peak efficiency (and this is the inner Type A speaking), I'm typing my recipes in a 2-column format so that more recipes can fit per page and they are all easy to read. The downside of this obviously is that the book wont have many pictures but if I've done the recipe before there really is no need to know what it looks like because I've already done it and know!

Here is a little sneak peak of what I'm working on. There is still a long way to go but you can get an idea of how freakishly organized it's going to be.

1 1/2" binder.  Although I might have to upgrade at some point.
2-column, typed recipes

Index of Recipes with the "favorites" marked.  The right column will be for page numbers

The red star marks a "favorite" the lightening bolt is a crockpot meal
Things that still need to be done:
  • Typing recipes (I only have chicken, breakfast, and desserts done)
  • Create tabs
  • Insert dividers between sections (possibly with folders to hold new recipes that need to be added
  • Page numbers added
  • Index completed with page numbers

    /sigh... such a daunting list.  Anyone want to do it for me?

1 comment:

  1. Love it!! I really need something like this, I have recipes floating all over my kitchen!! Speaking of that reminds me I better make banana bread tonight those banana's need used. lol

    ReplyDelete