I got this lovely recipe from Table for Two, stop by and show them some love and check out some of their other delicious recipes!
Printer Friendly Version
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
1/2 large onion, diced
4 carrots, chopped
4 stalks of celery, chopped
1- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed (small pieces)
1/8 tsp Italian seasoning
4 cups chicken stock
2 cups water
1/2 tsp dried sage
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 bay leaf
6 oz. egg noodles
- In a large stockpot, melt butter then saute onion, carrots, and celery until soft and tender, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken in and sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Cook until chicken has mostly cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the chicken stock, water, dried sage, salt, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil then let simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- In the last 5 minutes of cooking, add in the egg noodles.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve hot.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. (or freeze!)